Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sigh

Today was the day I was going to check out Torah Study. Instead I'm at home, in my pajamas. So far I ate pancakes (thanks, Mr. Jewess!) and helped The Little Jewess with her homework. Now she wants to watch Cake Boss together. How can I even feel guilty about missing Torah Study? I'd feel more guilty about missing this.

I know I'd feel good if I went to Torah Study or a service on Shabbat mornings. But on the other hand, Saturday is our day to laze around and just hang out as a family. Sometimes I think the Christians have the right idea, having Sunday School at the same time as services. The Jewish model takes up the whole weekend.

I guess this is why so few people strike out and make change. The status quo is so much easier. Which brings me back to: sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment