Saturday, September 1, 2012

#govtbuiltthat

Sorry it's been a while...I was on vacation. Also, Mr. Jewess got me the new Christopher Buckley book from the library, so I haven't been doing my homework. I HAVE, however, been tweeting with the hashtags #whatgovtdoes and #govtbuiltthat. I'm kind of fed up with Republicans insinuating that "we" is somehow separate from "Government." The Humanist Manifesto supports helping others and working to maintain the equality of all, and I think the government is a useful tool for doing those things. Where would we be without highways, government grants, public schools? These are the things that make America great. The ability to get a small business loan from the government encourages entrepreneurship. The ability to move goods easily from one place to another allows business to function in this large country. And don't get me started on the importance of public schools...just go look at a country that doesn't have them and let me know if you want to move there. So check it out and join in the fun. Every day, tweet (or post on Facebook, or wherever your friends will see it) something government has done for you. Your friends will thank government for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment